In PravinPatil College of Diploma Engineering & Technology, Bhayandar, Electrical Department First Shift was started in 2010-11 and second shift was started in 2012-13 with an intake capacity of 60. The department has competent and committed faculties. The faculty members of Electrical Department are from industries and academics to enhance the delivery of academic programs in the department. The key strengths of the department are qualified staff, established labs, Integrity in work, motivation, systematic process approach, Liberal work environment, student and staff feedback system.
The goal of Department of Electrical Engineering is to provide students a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to serve a variety of societal needs.
The department has Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, D.C Machines & Transformers, Electrical Circuits & Networks, Electrical & Electronics Measurement, Basic Electronics (Electrical), Industrial Instrumentation, A.C. Machines, Switchgear & Protection, Power Electronics and Computer Laboratories. All laboratories are equipped with art of state equipment’s and software’s like MATLAB, Simulink, and AutoCAD.
Objectives of Department:
The educational objectives of the Electrical Engineering Program are to produce Engineers who, within three years after diploma, are able to:
- be employed as a practicing engineer in fields such as design, research, development, testing, and manufacturing;
- assume positions of leadership and responsibility within an organization; and
- progress through degree or certificate programs in engineering, business, and other professionally related fields
- To encourage students and faculties to participate in research opportunities.
- To established industry, institute interaction.
- To develop certificate courses.
- To upgrade the resources available in laboratories.
1st Shift/2nd Shift : 3 Years (6 semesters), Intake Capacity : 60 + 60
- English [ENG - 17101]
- Basic Science [Physics-EPH-17102], [Chemistry-ECH-17103]
- Basic Mathematics [BMS-17104]
- Engineering Graphics [EGG-17001]
- Computer Fundamentals [CMF-17002]
- Basic Workshop Practice [WPE-17004]
- Communication Skills [CMS-17201]
- Applied Science [Physic-APH-17210], [Chemistry-ACH-17211]
- Engineering Mechanics [EGM-17204]
- Engineering Mathematics [EMS-17216]
- Fundamental of Electrical Engineering [FEE-17214]
- Development of Life Skills [DLS-17010]
- Applied Mathematics [AMS-17301]
- Electrical Circuits and Network [ECN-17321]
- Electrical & Electronics Measurements [EEM-17322]
- Basic Electronics (Electrical) [BEE-17324]
- Computer Programming [CPR-17022]
- Electrical Workshop [EWO-17023]
- Professional Practice - I [PPO-17024]
- Environmental Studies [EST-17401]
- Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Power [TDE-17417]
- D.C. Machines & Transformers [DMT-17415]
- Industry Electrical Systems-I [IES-17416]
- Industrial Measurements [IIN-17414]
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering [EME-17413]
- Professional Practice - II [PPT-17038]
- Energy Conservation & Audit [ECA-17506]
- Industry Electrical Systems - II [IES-17507]
- Switchgear & Protection [SAP-17508]
- Microcontroller and Applications [MAA-17509]
- A.C. Machines [ACM-17511]
- Behavioural Science [BSC-17075]
- Entrepreneurship Development & Project [EDP-17059]
- Professional Practices - III / Industrial Training (Optional) [PPT-17060]
- Management [MAN - 17601]
- Testing & Maintenance of Electrical Equipments [TME - 17637]
- Power Electronics [PEL - 17638]
- Illumination Engineering [IEN - 17639]
- Modern Electric Traction [MET - 17640] ELECTIVE, Elements of Industrial Automation [EIA - 17641] ELECTIVE
- Project [PRO - 17801]